Welcome to the Department of Neuroradiology!
Our clinic offers all state-of-the-art neuroradiological analyses and interventions. This includes diagnostic imaging and minimally invasive treatment of diseases of the central (brain, spinal cord) and peripheral nervous system, the associated organs (eyes, hearing and balance organs, etc.) and surrounding structures in the head, neck and spine.
We use the most up-to-date imaging methods and therapies which are based on international recommendations and the latest medical findings:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computer tomography (CT)
- Conventional X-ray
- Vascular ultrasound
- Treatment with endovascular microcatheters
- Catheter angiography (DSA)
- Treatment of the tear ducts
- Image-guided infiltrations and biopsies
As a nationally and internationally renowned institution, we perform around 35,000 diagnostic examinations, 700 minimally invasive and 500 endovascular procedures annually. We offer specialized consultation-hours, personalized counselling, and neuroradiological expertise. Our competent team is at your disposal day and night.
The treatments we offer and our research focus on:
- Diseases of the vascular system (stroke, aneurysms, vascular malformations, etc.)
- Brain tumors and neuro-oncological diseases
- Degenerative and inflammatory diseases (dementia, multiple sclerosis, and others)
- Method development and novel clinical applications
We are active in research and teaching and are one of the largest neuroradiological training centres in Switzerland and Europe.
Professor Dr. med. Christoph Stippich
Director and Academic Chair
Department of Neuroradiology
Learn about our activities and events on our German website.